Massage therapy works. Technically, we don’t really know how yet or why, but we know it works to soothe the nervous system which is the boss of muscle tightness, muscle pain and stress along with many other things.
The research we do have shows that massage works for:
- Reduces stress, anxiety and depression
- Reduces Pain especially neck/back pain and headaches
- Increases relaxation response and increases well-being
- Increases movement and function of joints and muscles
- Helps reduce headaches
- Aids in healing scar tissue in tendonitis and ligament injuries and also burn scars
- Improving sleep
- Improving overall well being
How to find and choose the best massage therapist for you. What makes for a Great Massage? What type of massage to get?