Medical Massage Therapy is any type of massage therapy that is applied to the body to create changes in medical conditions.
Medical conditions include stress and everything that can go along with stress – headaches, fatigue, pain and much more.
Musculo-skeletal Pain occurring from everyday life activities, work and play can be effectively addressed with medical massage therapy.
Some techniques that may be used in your medical massage session include any type of massage therapy with some of these being the most popular:
- Deep tissue massage therapy
- Triggerpoint massage therapy
- Myofascial massage therapy
- Cranio-sacral massage therapy
- Orthopedic massage therapy
- Rolfing or any of the Structural Integration Methods
- Swedish massage therapy
- Lymphatic drainage massage therapy
Medical Massage is not just one type of massage therapy. It is any type of massage that can be applied to medical conditions to help improve the condition. It may or may not be covered by your health insurance. If you have been injured at work or in a car accident, your massage therapy sessions may be covered. See Insurance Coverage for Massage therapy.